Friday, August 6, 2010

Thoughts

I think a lot. That sound ridiculous, but it seems like my mind is constantly running. Most of it with plans. And not daily or weekly ones, but future goals. I have this running dialogue of "We will have a baby in April 2011 (nope not pg yet), we will have Dave become a stay at home dad, I will look for additional employment, oh yeah maybe I should PRAY ABOUT THIS!"

I like to be in control. I like to know what's going to happen and at least attempt to plan ahead. The idea of not knowing what my life will look like in a year's time is overwhelming. It's the sin of Eve, and I definitely inherited it.

I'm struggling with just learning how to relax. Learning to stop thinking months and years in advance and just living each day. It's not easy, but I don't think anyone ever said it would be.

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34

"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be pleasing in your sight,
O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

No comments:

Post a Comment