Saturday, August 28, 2010

Are you stupid?

"Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but he who hates correction is stupid."
Proverbs 12:1

I believe the Bible is true. That means this verse tells me I can be a real idiot!

Hating correction is so very common. It stings our pride and attacks our need to always be right. I know I don't like it when people point out my flaws. Rationally, I hear them and even agree, but emotionally, I just get angry! I have this sense of "I am an adult. Hmph! How dare you correct me?"

But this verse is not only for children. It's an important one for parents to instill in their kids, but everyone who hates correction is stupid. I need to pray for a humbler heart so that I can gladly receive correction. No matter who it is from.

No comments:

Post a Comment