Monday, January 3, 2011

Bible Verse Monday

So in addition to cutting our family's grocery budget, I also want to memorize two Bible verses/month. This was inspired by Beth Moore's Siesta Scripture Memory. I will not be following along with that program, but rather doing it on my own. I absolutely love accountability, but Beth Moore's style of writing really doesn't fit me.

Anyways, here is the first verse I am attempting to memorize: "So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness." Colossians 2:6-7

I originally wanted a verse about wisdom, but this one caught my eye instead! In order to help me memorize it, I plan to read it aloud 5x each day. I learn well through repetition. So hopefully by the end of 2011, I will have 24 new verses memorized!

No comments:

Post a Comment