Friday, July 16, 2010

I love the way we parent

Really I do. I spend far too much time on the internet and have heard of all kinds of crazy parenting. Here are some examples:

1. "I could never leave my baby overnight!"
-I love the nights Hannah stays over at her grandma's. It gives them a chance to bond more, and it gives Dave and I some time together without worrying about a baby/toddler.

2. "I don't believe in disciplining my child. Kids will be kids and giving them time outs is mean"
-Insert blank stare here. I am all for kids learning that there are consequences to their actions.

3. "So what if my 3 year old is still drinking from a bottle? It's not like he'll go to kindergarten with it!"
-Honestly. Suck it up and take it away. You'll have a few rough days and nights, but your kid will get over it. Really.


In the end though, I honestly don't care how others parent their kids. But I'm often thankful that I don't feel the same way!

No comments:

Post a Comment