Thursday, May 20, 2010

I can hear her babbling

Even though I put her yawning self down nearly 40 minutes ago. This child needs to nap! Perhaps this is what I get for putting 4 books in her crib. She just reads to herself and thinks sleeping is over-rated.

So do I win a bad parent award if I think her fits are funny? I absolutely know she is not doing full-out tantrums yet. She just growls, cries, or screams with a big ol' scowl on her face when she doesn't get her way. This mostly comes when we change her diaper or clothes. Or when she gets a hold of a pen that dropped and we take it away. We can easily redirect or distract her though so that's nice!

On that note, here's one thing about parenting that I don't understand. Why do people say they constantly chase their mobile baby around the house? I can't tell you how many times I've heard that parents are tired from keeping up with their crawler. Crawling made our life easier. It meant that when there was a toy across the room, she could get it herself. Do people that chase their kids not baby-proof? Hannah has free reign around here since we baby proof as needed. It's nice to not need to be up her butt while she is playing.

In other news, we got a new dining room table! Here are some pictures:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic


We assembled it ourselves. What a pain. And only 5/6 chairs are done which is why the one with her booster seat looks different. And holy moly was it ever a pain to keep her out of kitchen that day. Any time we put her down in the living room, she would crawl or walk right into the kitchen to see what daddy was doing. At least it's done and we love it!

Well now she's fussing. Here's to hoping she naps. I was planning on taking her grocery shopping today. We are getting low on formula so we might as well pick up some whole milk. Let's pray the transition goes well!

No comments:

Post a Comment