Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Now I'm discouraged again

I know I've been writing a lot about grocery budgeting lately.

The total for January was $536.78. Compare that to:
December: $757.50
November: $688.92
October: $654.91

So that's a savings of over $115 compared to our lowest previous month. I was really pleased to hit our goal of $550 monthly budget. We even stocked up on milk and bread to freeze that should last us at least 3 weeks into this month.

Then I watched another blogger's video series on getting a better grocery budget. She said with a little time and effort, you should be spending $20/person/week. Wow. We spent about $45 and I thought I used a lot of time and effort.

I know I should be happy about our savings. We are doing much better. It's just kind of a slap in the face when you think you are doing well and someone basically says you are not.

Anyways, here is the menu for this week:

Lunches:
Sandwiches
Pasta Pizza Leftovers (made on Sunday-menu is from Mon-Sun)
Cheese Quesadillas
Sandwiches
Chicken & Pasta Leftovers
Cheese Quesadillas
Sandwiches

Dinners:
Logan's Roadhouse (Dinner to celebrate friend's birthday)
Chicken Mozzarella
Chicken Mozarella Leftovers
Chicken & Pasta
Frozen Pizza (likely a Digiorno since they are $3.99 at Target this week!)
Pork Chops
Pork Chop Leftovers


I'm happy with our dinner recipes, but I'd like to get some more variety for lunch...

No comments:

Post a Comment